Thursday, October 03, 2013

That ain't right - Pastors with guns

Is the message of Christ really one that promotes Pastors carrying loaded guns while they preach? I don't think so. Pastor Ed Gonzalez of Linwood Baptist Church carries a loaded semiautomatic while preaching. He does it to "protect his flock".

Pastor Ed Gonzalez of Linwood Baptist Church says he was also faced with a potential life or death situation from someone who walked in his church and threatened his life.

"He walked in my office and told me God told him to take me out," says Gonzalez.

The man eventually backed away, but Gonzalez says it's situations like these that prove that churches are soft targets, which is why he and several other members can be found with two weapons against evil close by on Sundays. A bible and a fire arm.

Source:Local pastor packs pistol to protect his church by Shayne Wright

The message of Christ molds to nearly every situation imaginable. You can use it to justify almost anything. That's just one reason I think Christianity is inauthentic. Do pastors really think guns are the way to spread the Word? Pfft…I'm sure others will agree with me. But where is the outrage? Where are the protests? There is only silence and the nodding of heads. Can I get an amen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that god had told the shooter to kill the priest