Wednesday, April 18, 2012

John saves me again

My computer died last night. I awoke this morning to find a dead system. A few lights flashed, but no noise (and no fan). Unfortunately, it is the computer I use to manage my photography library. It is also the one use for blogging. I was not sure if it was the computer's power supply or the motherboard. The fainy smell of burnt electronics was not encouraging.  I went into work worrying about losses that may not have yet occurred. It was stress I did not need.

Did I mention I'm an IT Manager? No? Well… I'm not technical. I manage projects mostly. Hardware is for people with nimble fingers and good small motor skills, and not some fat fingers oaf like me. John saved me. He always does. He's the best IT guy I know. He knows everything. I tell him my problem and he gives me advice. It almost always works. I followed his advice tonight and changed out my power supply. I'm sitting here watching my 100,000 plus image library backup to my new 1tb external hard drive, which means I'm a happy man.

Thanks John! I know you don't read my blog, but you are the best.