Sunday, January 01, 2012

Jen Davis self-portraits

I’ve started the new year with a list of projects. One project deals with my Tumblr blog odd bits, where I will attempt to post a photo that I find interesting each day in 2012. The post may be of my own work, or the work of others. I’ve started off with a photo by fine art photographer Jen Davis. She has a self-portrait series I find beautiful, honest, and intriguing.

Jen Davis is a Brooklyn based photographer. For the past 9 years she has been working on a series of Self-Portrait’s dealing with issues regarding beauty, identity, and body image. She has also been exploring men, as a subject and is interested in investigating the idea of relationships, both physical and psychological, with the camera. She received her MFA from Yale University in 2008, and her BA from Columbia College Chicago in 2002.

My plan is too curate a collection of images and artists that I find interesting. Please point me in the direction of work you think might qualify.