Saturday, September 03, 2011

Introducing The Spiritual Rationalist

Please join me in welcoming one of the newest members of the Atheist Blogroll, The Spiritual Rationalist.

Despite twelve years of Catholic school, I have never been a believer. I guess I was just born without the gene! Nevertheless, I've always tried to explore others' ideas and practices, on the theory that just because you can't use one part of a product, it doesn't mean you have to throw the whole thing away.

I spent over a decade traveling the world, and I've lived in both Europe and the US. I've read the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, and the Koran. I've studied engineering, yoga, martial arts, shooting sports, and ballroom dancing. What I've discovered is that a) spirituality is just a spooky sounding word for any of a number of methods for learning about yourself and your mind, and b) whatever word you use, doing so is the single most important thing in learning to be happy.

My blog, The Spiritual Rationalist, is dedicated to my thoughts both on gaining self-knowledge and using your mind to eliminate misunderstanding and delusion.

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll for more information. or visit the the full Atheist Blogroll membership list.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll