Friday, June 24, 2011

A Baptist pastor makes me hear music

Many of my posts have theme music (at least for me). When I read about pastor Jeffrey Reaves’s. arrest on a charge of misdemeanor assault and battery, I heard Smack My Bitch Up by Prodigy. The bitch in this case was his daughter.

What music do you hear when reading about these miscreants?

I am troubled by one aspect of this story; a comment by a parishioner.

One  longtime church member said Pastor Reaves is an honorable man and this should be a private family matter.

Read more: Pastor arrested for allegedly assaulting his daughter

The initial reaction to news that their pastor may have abused his daughter is to forget about it? How does that reconcile with the message of Jesus? I’m thinking not very well at all.

Reaves is a Baptist. He leads Good Shepherd Baptist Church were the motto is, “A strong hand to guide the flock.”

Technorati Tags: ,