Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I’m learning to be a better me

I’m on light posting for a few days. My employer has me in a professional develop course and it’s taking all of my available time and attention. Yesterday was 7:00 am to 10:00 pm. Today looks like a repeat, although with slightly less classroom time and slightly more mandatory social time. When you add that to the need to keep up with things at work, I’m to tired to even read my comments.

I’ve learned that I am a type A personality and introverted (no surprise), and that I’m well liked by my employees and my bosses, but that I’ve got some work to do with my peers. I can write a book of my own on some of the course content, but the parts where we practice perception, awareness, and reading people are new to me. The social dynamic in the class is a mini course all of its own. I’m enjoying myself.

Updates to follow.