Monday, December 27, 2010

The most popular toy at Christmas

IMG_0322Every year I look forward to attending my in-laws’ Christmas party. I can’t tell you exactly how many people attend, but a good guess would put it at about 60. We eat a big meal, drink some champagne and then eat Imogen’s desserts (she’s an amazing chef). I get to take pictures of my family and friends (my favorite part), and swap stories from the year with my cousins. It’s the highlight of the year. Unfortunately, this year I was waylaid by a bad headache, so it was hard to enjoy the party. I only took a few photos before retiring me gear because there were too many little fingers about. With the headache fogging my thinking my conversational skills were malfunctioning, so I spent a lot of time watching the younglings play instead. I figured that they would hit the new toys, but I was wrong. The most popular toy at the Christmas party was Uncle Don’s iPad (and its cool stand).

As you can see from my Hipstamatic photo, the kids all sat around the iPad which was elevated by a solid aluminum stand so that it sat 10 inches above the floor. They played some silly game where you feed a frog a fly – for hours. They would rotate the iPad for each turn. The stand was sturdy enough to stand up to the kids and the iPad was none the worse for the wear at the end of the evening.

Technorati Tags: ,,