Friday, November 26, 2010

Introducing My Not So Fictional LIfe

Please join me in welcoming one of the newest members of the Atheist Blogroll, My Not So Fictional Life.

Hiya. My name is Emily King and I'm from England.

When I was twelve years old I was run over by a car, which resulted in a broken wrist. I was conned by my family into becoming confirmed with the Church of England, because I hadn't been hurt worse than I was. I went to classes, I was confirmed and... I felt nothing.

I finally decided to re-examine the events of when I was run over (I was about sixteen); I realized there was no divine will involved as the circumstances that stopped me from being hurt badly also led to the accident in the first place. Well, it was that and finally deciding to look at more of the bible than my confirmation classes had encouraged. Leviticus was the final straw. From then on, I knew I was an atheist.

My Not So Fictional Life is about the kind of stuff that tends to wonder through my head, from dreams to human rights, wedding plans to writing projects. With an atheistic slant when it's needed.

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll resource blog for more information.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll