Friday, July 30, 2010

OK Anne, now take the next step

Anne Rice Anne Rice quit calling herself a Christian. I like her thinking but I would also like to encourage her to take the next step and reject believe also. You know… join our camp.

From her Facebook Page:

"Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being 'Christian' or to being part of Christianity." Rice pointed to doctrinal issue she did not agree with as her reason for renouncing Christians, calling them a 'quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group."

I’ve never understood the hostility and hate present in the evangelical right. I guess Anne Rice is taking Gandhi's quote to heart.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Gandhi’s criticism was about materialism. Christians must not have such haters back in the day.

Technorati Tags: ,,