Saturday, November 14, 2009

You can praise him when you…

OhDavey.ashx Oh man. I’m so glad my early Christian years were limited to influence by the intolerable Davy and Goliath. If I had watched Psalty the Singing Songbook like Godless Girl did, I would have ended up going postal.

When I was a teen, one of my first jobs was working in a Christian business that distributed Davy and Goliath movies to churches around Southern California. My job involved shipping and receiving plus the general care of film stock. When a movie was returned, I would rewind it while running it through a monitor to check for damage. I fixed the damaged frames by removal or splicing in replacement footage from film stock. By the time I quit (or was fired), I had watched every Christian film in stock backwards at least a dozen times. It was an odd form of torture. I still dream about it.

Technorati Tags: ,