Sunday, September 20, 2009

Introducing The Ponderer

It is uncommon to have a cultural Muslim join the Atheist Blogroll as an atheist blogger. I can think of only three others. I am pleased that the author of The Ponderer was kind enough to offer an introduction to her fine blog. Enjoy.

In her own words:

I am the author of the blog  The Ponderer and I am an atheist.

I was born into a Muslim family in Bangladesh. I am 28 years old and I stopped identifying myself as a Muslim while reading an ‘Islamiat’ textbook in high school. I was about 17 years old then and it was a sura’t from Quran that explains women’s rights. It was so demeaning that I could not bring myself to read it once again. It has been a liberating 11 years. It had cost me my grade in religious studies that year. I don’t regret it. I have later read a lot of books and blogs, including Darwin, Dawkins as well as Quran, Bible and Old Testament since then. It seems to me more likely that God does not exist. I have later moved out of my country and now live somewhere where my being an atheist is more accepted than it would have been back home. I needed my personal freedom.

I am rather quiet and private and this blog has become my outlet for expressing myself. My blog is my life, surroundings and this world from my eyes. It does not only focus exclusively on my religious beliefs (rather lack thereof), but I try to stay organized and tag my posts accordingly. My entries regarding atheism can be found here: http://mauzzie.wordpress.com/tag/atheism/.

Please take a minute and visit this fine new addition the Atheist Blogroll.

Technorati Tags: ,