Monday, September 28, 2009

Atheist Blogroll hits 1000+ members

Five years ago I started collecting Atheist blogs as a means to connect with the wider community. Over time my little project grew so much that others began asked for a copy of the blogroll. I converted the blogroll to something that could be shared and opened up membership to any atheist or agnostic blogger. At the time I did not realize how much work would be involved in maintaining the blogroll. I’ve come to look at  my time commitment as my small gift to the Atheist community. It fits me too. I’ve always been a behind the scenes kind of guy.

Now that we’ve hit the 1000 blog milestone, I want to thank those of you who are active supporters. I could not do this without your support. Be it spotting inactive blogs, promoting the blogroll, indexing our members on Google, or finding new members, I thank each of you for your contribution.

The Blag Hag is our 1,000th member. She writes an interesting blog. Please drop in and congratulate her.

Martinpribble would have been our 1,000th member, but he forgot his url. There is no shame in being member 1,001.

Thanks to a post on The Friendly Atheist, about 25 more blogs asked to join. It takes a little time, but I will get them all loaded as soon as possible.

Technorati Tags: ,