Monday, July 20, 2009

There are still a few good men in the church

I like hearing good news.  I posted on Mark-Anthony Rassmann back in March. He posted “There are still a few good men in the church” on my blog back a few days back.  He was accused of theft. Rassmann asserted his innocence the entire time, it turns out he was doing nothing wrong.

The Rev. Mark-Anthony Rassmann had a simple explanation for his innocence when he was accused of forging a parishioner's signature to give him ownership of four of her properties.

"Only a fool would steal something to go into debt," he said.

In March, the pastor of Greater Mount Pisgah A.M.E. Church in Haddonfield turned himself in after the deceased woman's two daughters accused him of stealing their inheritance. This month, Camden County prosecutors dropped charges against Rassmann.

My apologies to Pastor Rassmann. I am happy to see things worked out for him. In a small way, it helps offset all the bad news I post.

Pastor Rassmann – I have a policy. If I post on your arrest and you are found innocent. I offer you a guest post here at my blog. If you choose to take me up on the offer, I will not alter your words in any way besides a brief introduction.

Technorati Tags: ,