Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The McGills could get 170 years

Pastor Rodney McGill and his lovely wife Shalonda were convicted of mortgage fraud yesterday. When sentenced, they could get 170 years. I wonder what happens to married couple in prison? Do they go for a divorce so that they can change teams? It is questions that this that keep me up at night.

Prosecutors told the jury that Rodney McGill used his radio program to advertise a contest to become the "Fabulous Five," five "winners" who would receive advice from the pastor on making millions through real estate investments. At least three victims called the radio station and provided McGill their social security numbers and other financial information.

The McGills showed their victims the properties that had been "selected" especially for them, but the scheme carefully concealed the fact that the McGills actually owned each of the properties offered up as potential investments.

Don’t worry pastor McGill, 170 years will pass in a lifetime. You can do that on standing on your head you holier than thou man of God. Right?

I wonder how long I will have to wait until somebody tells me the McGills were not really Christians? I’ll just have to push the publish button and see.

Previous Post: Justice may be just two weeks away (I was right!)

Technorati Tags: ,,