Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What’s $50 million among friends?

I’m in the wrong business. If Christian fraud and pastor Creflo Dollar can earn $50 million a year sending out subscription based devotional text messages, I am in the wrong line of work. I ought to convert so that I can start making real money. I could come up with 365 decent devotional text messages a year. Heck, I’d be happy making $25 million.

Of course, I’d pay they guy with the original idea his due.

Televangelist Rev. Creflo Dollar is accused of stealing a California businessman’s idea that has reportedly profited the pastor more than $50 million a year.

Devone Lawson of Marina Del Rey, California, also filed suit against the high-profile pastor’s son, Jeremy Dollar, saying in 2006 they stole a joint idea to send daily devotional text messages to subscribers.

I can just hear the idea session now. Hey, your flock will buy anything, right? lets sell them subscription text messages. We’ll make a fortune….

Seriously, is this what Christianity is really supposed to be like. $50 million dollars from wannabe millionaire Christians? Is there any wonder people like me are skeptical?

Technorati tags: , ,
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]