Friday, February 06, 2009

You are a liar, a thief of childhoods and a child molester

This case generated a few comments and more than a couple of emails all telling me I should not judge the Reverend, and what about innocent until proven guilty.  Well ok people, Rev. Robert Yurgel is now a convicted child molester.

The victim, now a tall, dark-haired man in his early 20s, stood in the courtroom Monday, finally confronting the Roman Catholic priest who'd molested him a decade ago. You robbed me of my ability to trust, he told the Rev. Robert Yurgel, his voice sometimes quivering. You stole my faith, you stole my childhood.

“To this day I suffer with horrible flashbacks and nightmares…,” the victim, a teenager at the time of the molestation, told Yurgel. “You are a liar, a thief of childhoods and a child molester.”

Yurgel was sentenced to seven years and eight months. He must also register as a sex offender. Prison is too good for this scumbag.

This is for the idiots who will tell me Yurgel is still innocent, or that only God can judge. Don’t bother to post in the comments as I will not play nice with my response.