Wednesday, February 11, 2009

$1 million bond for priest accused of theft

D’oh, only a million dollars? This priest is accused of very un-priestly activity. The bond should be set at a level that consumes every penny he has.

Rev. John Regan, wearing the blaze orange jumpsuit of a DuPage County Jail inmate, appeared on closed circuit camera in bond court after returning from an out-of-state counseling center where he had been receiving treatment for a gambling addiction.

Regan, 45, was indicted last week on 21 counts of theft, money laundering and operating a continuing financial enterprise by the DuPage County Grand Jury.

So…. I wonder how many gambling confessions this hypocrite sat through. I wonder is his parishioners will hold it against him? I would, but then I’d invite him to my poker game. Gambling addicts are known by another name, losers.