Friday, May 30, 2008

75 and frisky

via The Jacknut Chronicles: “I pleaded not guilty, but I might as well have pleaded guilty. They said they had the evidence and there was no other way out, so what am I supposed to do?” - Reverend Calvin Perry of Huntington, West Virginia.

Perry was arrested for soliciting an undercover policie officer (female) for sex. At 75 - all I can say is god bless the horny old fella. You can see him on video here.

My grandfather gave me some sage advice once. "Joe" he says, "If you are going to use a hooker, be careful because some of those women are actually men, and some of those men are actually cops". He did not mention that some of those women were cops - I figured that part out on my own. Apparently nobody ever gave old pastor Perry the same advice.

Here are a few of my favorite comments from this articles comments thread:
The clueless:
Posted by: Anonymous on May 30, 2008 at 08:14 AM

I dont know any of these men, but I too am wondering why they singled him out? Who cares if he is a preacher. Hes human and we all make mistakes.
The irrational:
Posted by: DONNA on May 30, 2008 at 02:13 AM

This is to AJ: Did you hear the alleged recording of him asking for sex? Don't think so! I have been a friend of the Perry family for 30 years and I believe I know them a whole lot better than you do! And I am saying AGAIN--HE IS INNOCENT--NOT GUILTY! Who are you to judge?

The blind:
Posted by: Amanda on May 30, 2008 at 01:00 AM

Proud to be Calvin Perry's granddaughter. I don't appreciate the hurtful things that everyone is saying about him. I know He is not guilty of these false accusations against him. Who are any of you to judge? There is only 1 judge - GOD! If you are so sure of your opinions, why do you not list your name? As for tiths, He has never misused any church money. All of his family and friends stand behind him 100% because we know that he is INNOCENT. It's pretty sad that some people have to put others down to make themself feel better. People should think before they hurt others with their words.

Amanda - Grandpa just wanted a little anonymous sex. He got caught - all that god stuff does not stand in the way the truth. It's time to grow up.

2 comments:

Dromedary Hump said...

Uh... Sounds like your grandfather was speaking from experience. That must be some story.

Mojoey said...

He used to crack me up with advice. When I asked him where he picked this tidbit up, he said he had been to France. Years later I understood.