Wednesday, June 27, 2007

octo meme

So, OK, I've been tagged by The Exterminator. The following rules should explain the new blog meme.

  • We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  • Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don't forget to leave them each a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Eight habits or facts, I would rather it were eight habits or lies...

1. Fact - I don't like memes. I don't know what it is exactly, maybe because it breaks me out of my rut, but I really find these things a great big pain in the ass. And who ever heard of eight people on a meme - oh wait, I can choose victims from the noobs on the Atheist blogroll.

2. Fact - I became an atheist at age 18 after a being born again Christian for a number of years. I do not actually remember becoming an Atheist. I was a doubting Christian since the beginning. Late in my 18th year, I was critically injured in a work related accident. The brain injury and subsequent recovery left a small hole in my memory. Everything from about six months before the accident to waking up in the hospital is jumbled. I mark the day of my accident as my great awaking, although I know it to be several months earlier.

3. Habit - I like to eat outside. A burger on a bench under a tree on a sunny day is my idea of paradise. I manage four such days each week. If I'm lucky, I  enjoy a good cigar too. Friends are always welcome. I seldom eat alone.

4. Habit - I like to read. My favorite authors are Harlan Ellison, Raymond Chandler, Philip K. Dick, and Edgar Rice Burroughs. I have a complete Raymond Chandler collection, a nearly complete Harlan Ellison collection, and most of Philip K. Dicks stories.  Burroughs has a special place in my heart. I learned to read on the Tarzan stories. I still dream about them sometimes.

5. Fact - I voted for Bush. Oh my god what was I thinking? I am more ashamed of this fact than just about anything else. I am a libertarian - I should have wasted by vote on whatever high druid was heading the party ticket. To the world - I am so sorry.

6. Fact: I have a geeky job. Most people think that I fix PC's because work in IT. No such luck. I design, implement, and maintain manufacturing software. I also do large scale project management for technology projects. Trust me, you do not want me to fix your PC.

7. Fact & Habit. I do not like TV. I blog instead of watching the boob toob. Of course, I can only do this because of Tivo.  The programs I want to watch get recorded for viewing when my brain is in the partial off position.

8. Fact - I play disc golf avidly. I've played on and off since the 70s. I originally got into the sport because our church's youth pastor played. Over time it became something I could do alone, any time I felt like it. Now I play about twice a week, like the match yesterday, 10 over at Eldo in Long Beach. I won, but played poorly.

If you ever see a tall red-haired fat dude in a silly hat, throwing discs in your local park, it might be me.

And now the tag... the last eight joiners

The Rational Nontheist

Tarpan's blog

Writer Philosopher Culture Warrior

Inkblot Icon

Bob Kowalski

The Allen Zone

The Eternal Gaijin

The underground Unbeliever

 

Technorati tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And who ever heard of eight people on a meme - oh wait, I can choose victims from the noobs on the Atheist blogroll.
heh, I had to laugh at this, especially since my wife is one of them.

Psychodiva said...

Trust me, you do not want me to fix your PC.

My husband has the same trouble-he is an IT engineer but i don't let him near my computer- he tends to wreck them - however, when it comes to wiring up the hwole house to wireless - fantastic :)

SNAP!to the recorded programmes too :) I love my Sky box :)

Anonymous said...

This tagging stuff has really gotten out of control, huh?

Johnny C said...

Part of me wanted to be tagged, lol but when I am tagged I am like.. DAMN. But I have to admit, I love to answer questions. It is an odd habit. I too love to eat outdoors and if Vegas wasn't 115 in the shade I might get to do it more often. It slows me down and lets me enjoy not only the food but the world.

tina FCD said...

5. Fact - I voted for Bush. Oh my god what was I thinking? I am more ashamed of this fact than just about anything else. I am a libertarian - I should have wasted by vote on whatever high druid was heading the party ticket. To the world - I am so sorry.

You should be1 lol!